“Do you use a reference for your illustrations?”
- Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. If I do end up using a reference image, I usually always change some of the features to coincide with the appearance I like (big eyes, pouty lips, small nose, etc).
“What mediums do you use”
- I typically use the same mediums. I mostly gravitate towards charcoal, watercolor, and ink. I have recently introduced pastel into my work.
“What do you do your illustrations on (canvas, paper,etc)?”
- I use Canson Bristol board, varying sizes.
“Did you go to art school”
- I did not attend art school. Nor do I believe that should determine what an “artist” is.
“What inspires you?”
- I am inspired by everything and nothing. I love fashion, but sometimes things as simple as the cracks in the pavement are fascinating to me.